Archivi categoria: Technologies
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 Firmware Updates to Gingerbread
I have just updated my Sammy. The first thing I notice is that it’s faster and the Product Code has changed from I9000XXJVK to I9000XXJVO…
More updates soon, after some days…
New iPods, better iPods
Yesterday I tried to get access to the Apple Store to build a fantastic Mac Pro and compare it with a friend to prove that a self assembled mid tower PC is ALWAYS inferior to a Mac Pro, regardless of the price.
I did not reach the site. A “Post-It” told me that they were working on some upgrade… I suddenly thought about new products…
And I was right…
Some suggestions always useful against thefts of camera/videocamera
It is always a bad sensation to discover that someone has stolen our photographic or video equipment. The past summer was like the others, with a lot of friends and other people I know that don’t have their equipment anymore, neither the pictures inside of them, that were just shot taken. So here you can find some suggestions, that I wish I had written before, to prevent thefts of your equipment. You are free to follow one of them, a mix of them, or all of them.
- Always set on the camera the Owner’s, Author’s and Copyright information (I don’t know if it is allowed in the videocameras too), better if you use an email, in order to let an honest customer (that could buy the equipment online trought an auction service) to reach you easily if the thief had not deleted them.
- If you are not on a trip with friends but you are planning to visit crowded places like museums, churchs, concerts, etc. using also public transport, try to prefer a shoulder bag instead a backpack or monoshoulder backpack. Infact backpack are easily to be opened without any possibility for you to catch the action. And look for a bag that is difficult to open without your notice, leaving the zippers in front of you.
- Continua a leggere
Gmail HTML Signature
With the new Gmail signature format is simply possible to add rich text format and online picture in to the signature. But what if you want to add html code in order to add classic features like alternative text or new windows opening to the image or text in the signature? There is no way to add the code directly. What you have to do is easier to make than say.
These instruction are for those people that want to add an image with an alternative text and an hyperlink from the image to another site, and let it opening in a new window.
- Upload the image you want to use in the signature to a public server (like picasa web album, flickr, or other free image hosts but all of them must have public access) paying attention to the height of the image (too big images are ugly, but too little are incomprehensible).
- If the image is not too big (but you have to test it by yourself), you can convert it in to Base64 Mime Code (there are online tools that do it) and use the code in to the source field in the image html link. Remember that there is a limit in the signature lenght, so if your converted code is too long, Gmail won’t accept the signature.
- Create a text file (with a text editor like NotePad for Windows or TextEdit for Mac) with all the features you want in simple html, like the image source from the external public server, an alternative text, no border, the hyperlink to a site that will open in a new window.
- Save the text file directly as htm or rename it after save.
- Load it into a browser (Firefox, IE, Opera, what ever you want).
- Copy all you see in the browser with Ctrl-A followed by Ctrl-C (Command-A and Command-C in Mac).
- Open Gmail Settings.
- In the first tab of Gmail settings, past the previously copied signature in to the Gmail signature field with Ctrl-V (Command-V in Mac).
- Save Gmail Settings.
- That’s it.
Devi effettuare l'accesso per postare un commento.